Handling A Checkpoint Security System Alarm
What should you do if there is a customer caused alarm on your stores Checkpoint security system? Here are some helpful tips:
- Approach the customer in a friendly manner and state “Pardon me, we must not have properly checked out your purchase. Please come back into the store, and we will take care of that for you.”
- Ask the customer for their bag – do not grab it.
- You should walk the purchase through the checkpoint security system pedestals verifying the alarm.
- Check all merchandise against the receipt.
- If the merchandise checks out – pass all items over the deactivation pad another time.
- If you find merchandise that has not been purchased – at this time ask the customer if they would like to purchase it.